As people have become busier and more impatient in today’s world, attempting to absorb a large amount of written information can be time consuming and nonetheless, boring. As more consumers spend their time online, many businesses have followed suit in incorporating social media into their online marketing strategy. No doubt companies choose to include popular social platforms such as Facebook and Twitter, but how many have leveraged the power of YouTube (video content) in increasing brand awareness?
Apart from being the second largest search engine with 3 billion searches a month, YouTube is the fastest growing video sharing website in the world and one of the most active social networks today – generating more than one billion monthly visits, with six billion hours of YouTube content viewed each month. If that’s not enough to get you to include YouTube into your online marketing strategy, here are a few more reasons on why you should consider creating video content now:
1. Video is a powerful branding tool: people remember more of what they see than what they read. Videos assist in marketing products and conveying brand messages by capturing emotions and visual attributes of a product or service that would otherwise be lost within written information
2. Easier to consume visual content than written content: people are more likely to remember a visual compared to written text. Videos are an excellent way to keep customers engaged and interested, and YouTube makes searching for information more visual and appealing.
3. Generates traffic and education: whether it’s a tutorial on how to use a product, an advertisement introducing a product, or a review of a product, people are more likely to search YouTube to learn more about a product or service than any other social networking platform.
4. Reaches customers competitors aren’t reaching: every brand wants to be discoverable. Many competitors use Facebook and Twitter, but how many have a presence on YouTube? Remember, YouTube has 1 billion unique visitors every month, so use this opportunity as an advantage to reach potential customers your competitors have yet to reach.
5. Easy and cost-effective: uploading and maintaining your videos on YouTube is free, and recording and producing videos are reachable with any budget – even using your iPhone is enough. Individuals can record and learn editing softwares by themselves, while bigger budget companies can hire someone.
6. Highly shareable format: YouTube videos are shareable across other social platforms, and can be embedded on websites and blogs. If consumers watch something they like, they are likely to share it. Your video will have the potential to connect with a much wider audience of potential customers.
7. Viewed on all kinds of devices: videos can be played on computers, smartphones and tablet devices, meaning your videos are accessible at any time and place almost instantly. Did you know that mobile devices make up more than 25% of YouTube’s global watch time? Yep, that’s more than one billion views a day!
8. Shown on Google results: Google is the largest search engine and as a matter a fact, owns YouTube. This means your YouTube videos will display within Google search results. Add these two together, and you have a powerful pair.
“YouTube is just as popular, if not more, for marketing videos as it is for social videos.”
So why aren’t you on it?